All Day Apple Butter
What can’t you put Apple Butter on? Spread it on crackers, fruit, raw vegetables, broken bread or dip your finger in it when no-one is looking. Truly a Yankee staple for the holidays. If you don't want to hv to pay attention(too much) to your Apple Butter, then I urge you to try this ssslllloooowwww moving recipe.
For 4 people
- 6 lb(s) apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 4 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
All Day Apple Butter Directions
- Place the apples in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown. Uncover and continue cooking on low 1 hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness. Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.