Autumn Apple-Pumpkin Squares
A layer of apple and cranberry filling, a layer of pumpkin and maple filling and topped with a layer of cinnamon-nut crumbs. My goodness, what am I missing here? All you need to do is cut into small squares and devour.
You will need a prepared pie dough for a double crusted 9-inch pie.
For 4 people
- Apple Layer:
- 2 cup(s) peeled, cored, thinly sliced apples
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries(or frozen
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- Pumpkin Layer:
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cup(s) pure pumpkin
- 1 cup(s) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup(s) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- Crumble Topping (recipe below)
Autumn Apple-Pumpkin Squares Directions
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- For Apple Layer: Combine apples with sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon in medium bowl; pour into pie shell.
- For Pumpkin Layer: Combine eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl; pour over apple mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with Crumble Topping. Return to oven; bake for 20 minutes or until custard is set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Crumble Topping: Combine 1/2 c. flour, 1/3 c. chopped nuts, 1 t. cinnamon and 5 T. sugar in medium bowl. Cut in 3 T. butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixtures resembles coarse crumbs.