Curried Skillet Corn with Fontina
We have livened up the already sweet corn by giving it a smooth kick in the kernel. Although the jalapeno's give it robustness(is that even a word?), the cheese allows that spice to soften the kick.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1/4 cup(s) butter or margarine butter
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped red bell pepper
- 6 ears corn, kernels cut off (about 3 1/2-4 cups)*
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1/2 cup(s) light cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup(s) Fontina cheese, cubed
Curried Skillet Corn with Fontina Directions
- In a large skillet or pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. When melted, add bell pepper and jalapeno peppers. Cook, stirring almost constantly until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, curry powder and vegetable broth. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat to low and add cream. Stir well and add cheese. Continue cooking and stirring until the cheese is melted. Season to taste and remove from heat and serve hot.
- *Use canned corn(drained) or frozen whole kernel as well.