Crab Stuffed Tomatoes
This recipe, as with all baked, stuffed tomato recipes is very delicate when removed from the oven and broiler. Just be careful and use one hand to steady the tomato while lifting with the other.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 lb(s) crabmeat
- 4 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) roasted green peppers in oil, well drained and minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) Old Bay seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
Crab Stuffed Tomatoes Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Slice off the top of each tomato, saving the tops. Core the tomatoes leaving about 3/4 inch of tomato all around.
- Place all the other ingredients except the crabmeat in a large bowl and mix well. Fold the crabmeat in gently as not to break up the lumps. Spoon mixture into the tomatoes filling them a little over the top.Â Add the reserved tops off center a bit.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until tomatoes are beginning to soften.
- Crank the broiler up and finish them at least 3-4 inches from heat source in your broiler for about 5 minutes, or until crisp and staring to blacken on top.
- Serve with cole slaw and/or crusty, warmed French bread.