I decided to make something that I have no idea why I never thought of before, Candied Strawberries! Although I love Candied Apples, I just wanted something different, and these sure hit the spot. I left the hulls on just for color, but by all means, remove if desired.
For 4 people
- 3 cup(s) cinnamon red hot candies
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 lb(s) fresh strawberries
- 10 - 11 popsicle sticks*
Candied Strawberries Directions
- nsert sticks into the hull end of each strawberry, going down only about a half inch.. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or spray a platter with nonstick cooking spray. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, pour candies and water. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 3 minutes, or until lumps are gone. You can stir to help break up candy lumps. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Dip strawberries in hot liquid, rolling so all sides are coated. Place on prepared dish or baking sheet to harden, about 5 minutes.
- *Or do what I did and cut wooden skewers into 3 even segments to use.