Baked Spanish-style Rice
This rice dish is a perfect blend of spices and would go very well with Eggplant Parmesan for a filling, satisfyingÂ and meatless dinner.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup(s) small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato juice
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
Baked Spanish-style Rice Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Oil a 2 quart oven-safe casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, add the garlic over medium heat and cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the onion, bell pepper and oil. Cook, while stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add remainder of ingredients and bring to a boil. Transfer to casserole dish carefully, cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove, fluff and serve hot.