Smoky Apple Grilled Cheese
There is just nothing more I can say about this that doesn't come to mind when you read the title. I adore the taste of apple, cheese and any smoked meat, and this hits the spot!
Share This Recipe
For 4 Serving(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced cucumber
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 lb(s) thinly sliced smoked ham
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 cup(s) arugula
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 ounce(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sliced cucumbers, if desired
Smoky Apple Grilled Cheese Directions
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic powder and minced cucumber well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to use. Spread the mayo mixture on one side of 4 slices of Italian bread.
- Butter the other side and place in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ham, apple, onion, arugula and shredded cheese. Top with another slice of bread that has been spread with the mayo mixture. Butter the tops and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until dark browned and cheese has melted.
- If needed, lower the heat to medium-low and cook a longer period of time to ensure the ham is heated and the cheese has melted. This sandwich is also great grilled on an outdoor grill as well. Served with sliced cucumbers if desired