'Light as a Cloud' Angel Food Cake
What can anyone say about Angel Food Cake that hasn't been said before? As light as the clouds and heavenly tasting as its name.
Share This Recipe
For 8 people
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) cake flour (not self-rising)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 8 egg whites, room temperature
- 2/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) powdered sugar
'Light as a Cloud' Angel Food Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease a cake pan with butter or margarine, or nonstick cooking spray. Line pan with sprayed waxed paper. Sift flour and powdered sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Beat in 2/3 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, to the whites, beating just until whites stand in stiff, glossy peaks.
- Sift flour mixture, one-third at a time, over beaten egg whites; fold in with rubber spatula just until flour mixture is unseen.
- Spread batter into prepared pan evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Invert cake onto cutting board; carefully peel off waxed paper and continue cooling until ready to eat.