Real New England Slow Cooker Pulled Pork-Moxie Style
Take a Back Seat Coke! There's a new taste for barbecue that was here before you.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 3 lb(s) boneless pork shoulder or sirloin roast
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) Moxie soda
Real New England Slow Cooker Pulled Pork-Moxie Style Directions
- Trim most of the fat from the pork if you like.Line 9 x 13-inch baking pan with foil and place pork in pan.
- In small bowl, combine chili powder, salt and brown sugar. Rub mixture over all sides of meat, pressing to adhere (if the meat is tied together with twine or netting, just rub the seasoning right over it). Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add pork and brown on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Add broth and Moxie to skillet, scraping up any browned bits, then add broth mixture to slow cooker. Cover and cook until pork is very tender, 6 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high. Transfer meat to cutting board and let rest 10 to 15 minutes. Use two forks to shred meat into bite-sized pieces. don't even think about throwing away that delicious juice. Moisten and season with cooking juices to taste.