Salisbury Jerky Burgers
Many recipes use a dozen ingredients for a jerk sauce, but there simply is no need. I think you are going to truly love this burger and not just because of the jerk taste, but because we add a little "salisbury" flavor to it. Salisbury? My parents always made Salisbury Steaks many decades ago in their restaurants, and it was just onions, peppers and burger meat mixed together, shaped into a football and grilled.
For 4 Serving(s)
- Jerk Sauce:
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons each molasses and soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic in oil *
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice and nutmeg
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup minced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
Salisbury Jerky Burgers Directions
- Combine all Jerk Sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until as smooth as possible; set aside.
- Mix ground beef with bell pepper and onion well. Form into 4 patties.
- Line a grill grate with aluminum foil and heat grill to medium heat. Place burgers on foil and start slathering Jerk Sauce over the top. Cook for about 6-8 minutes before turning each patty over and slathering even more Jerk Sauce over the top. Cook until desired doneness is achieved. (Did I mention to slather on more Jerk Sauce?)
- Serve with any remainder Jerk Sauce heated, for dipping burger into.
- * Or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder