Blackberry-Blueberry Smoothie Ice Cream Topping
What is great about this recipe is that there is no sugar needed. NONE! You can use this hot as a sundae topping or use it as directed. However you enjoy it, this topping is killer!
Share This Recipe
For 4 Serving(s)
- 1 quart fresh blackberries
- 1 pint(2 cups)fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Blackberry-Blueberry Smoothie Ice Cream Topping Directions
- Add all ingredients except yogurt to a blender or food processor and puree, on high, until as smooth as possible. Pour through a fine meshed wire strainer into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring almost constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Cool to room temperature and then whisk in yogurt until uniform in color. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Makes about 2 cups