Simple Summer Ceviche
Ceviche is one of those great tasting, cold appetizers that is great using whatever sturdy fish you desire, such as halibut, salmon, thick haddock or sea bass. This is an uncooked dish with the citric acid causing a denatured effect. This simply means that the protein structure is broken down, causing the fish to become sort of translucent by sight.
For 2 people
- 2 cups(about 12-16 ounces) fresh white fish, cubed
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup bitter orange juice *
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 -2 small jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced, fresh mango
- 1/4 cup minced cucumber
Simple Summer Ceviche Directions
- In a bowl, whisk together juices and vinegar. Add fish first, then top with remaining ingredients. DO NOT MIX! Set aside in refrigerator for 15 minutes, then remove to carefully blend all ingredients gently together. Refrigerate an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove to serve ice cold.
- * If you are unable to obtain bitter orange juice, simply use plain orange juice. I enjoy the refreshing tartness of grapefruit juice as well.