Now tell me that it isn't a dilemna often times whether to make chocolate chip cookies or gooey, fudgy brownies....of course! That's why Brookies are so popular and loved. You get the best of both worlds in every bite and they are much easier to make than you think.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 cup(2 sticks)butter or margarine, softened, divided
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, divided
- 3 1/4 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, divided
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
Gooey Brookies Directions
- Beat half the butter with granulated sugar, 2 eggs and half the vanilla until as smooth as possible. In a separate bowl, mix 1 1/4 cups flour, cocoa and half the baking soda. Add dry to wet and continue beating until well incorporated, on low speed. Cover and refrigerate while continuing with recipe.
- Beat remaining butter with brown sugar, 2 eggs and remaining vanilla until very smooth. In a separate bowl, mix remaining flour with remaining baking soda and reduce speed of mixer to low. Beat in dry with wet until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate both bowls for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Line 2-3 large cookie pans with parchment paper; set aside.
- Keeping palms wet with water, roll out 2 tablespoon measures of brownie mix into a ball. Do the same with cookie dough. Press both balls of dough together and roll into one larger dough ball. Place on prepared pan with the separation line facing up. Flatten to about 1/2 thick. Continue with remaining dough, leaving at least 1-inch between Brookies.
- Bake 8-9 minutes, or until lightly browned on bottom. The Brookies will be very soft to the touch on top, but this is what makes them gooey and moist. Remove from oven to cool slightly before lifting each cookie onto a rack to cool.
- Makes about 34(3-inch)Brookies.