Pan Steamed Napa Salmon
Yup, it is that time of year that we begin to notice last years summer attire(heck, even some of our winter clothes)are just a tad snug. Here is a great recipe that will make you feel just a little better about what you are eating. Delicious, crunchy and a true feel good dinner.
For 3 people
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon brown or Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound Napa cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups cole slaw mix
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts *
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound salmon filets
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Pan Steamed Napa Salmon Directions
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, mustard and lemon juice; set aside. In another, larger bowl, toss together cabbage and cole slaw mix; set aside.
- Add pine nuts to large skillet over medium heat. Toss and cook for 3 minutes; add oil. When oil is hot, add cabbage mixture. Cover and let cook while you are coating all sides of the salmon filets with your honey mixture. This should take about a minute.
- Remove lid and place salmon on top of cabbage mixture. Cover, reduce heat to low and steam until salmon is completely cooked through, from 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving hot.
- Enough for 2-3 people
- * Sunflower seeds work extremely well here.