Tasty Wet and Dry Ribs
If you enjoy the taste of smoky bacon with your ribs this year, this is the recipe for you.....and whoever you want to share it with. Creating a dry rub and preparing your own bacon barbecue sauce is the only way to go for me. But if desired, simply buy your favorite, prepared barbecue sauce. Either way, fire up that grill and let's eat!
For 6 people
- 1/2 cup Dry Rub, recipe below
- 1/2 cup Bacon Barbecue Sauce, recipe below
- 2 pounds baby back ribs *
- Nonstick cooking spray
Tasty Wet and Dry Ribs Directions
- Make Dry Rub by mixing 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon each dry mustard and salt, 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Make Bacon Barbecue Sauce by combining 1/2 small onion that has been roughly chopped, 3 slices cooked and crumbled bacon, 1/2 cup each apple cider vinegar and apple juice, 1/2 cup each ketchup and brown sugar, 3 tablespoons each molasses and Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon minced garlic in oil to a food processor or blender. Puree until as smooth as possible. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle dry rub over all ribs on both sides, followed by a good dousing of nonstick cooking spray. You will only need about 1/2 cup total dry rub so keep the remainder for your next feast. Set aside the ribs for 30 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat. Place the ribs over indirect heat, close lid and cook for 30 minutes, turning once. Lift lid and start slathering on prepared barbecue sauce, cooking an additional 30 minutes with the lid closed again while continually adding more sauce. You may need longer to thoroughly cook.
- Remove and serve as is or cut into individual "bones" before serving.
- * Have butcher remove silver skin from the back side of ribs if it hasn't already been removed. If they will not do that for you, simply loosen a corner with a pointed knife, grab the skin with paper towel or cloth and pull. It should come off intact.