New England Bistro Steak
Unfamiliar with Bistro steak? It is simply a hanger steak, which is(in turn) a superb grilling steak once sliced. If you are unable to find this cut, skirt steak is a perfect substitution. This is a great barbecue dish that is easy on the wallet. I serve this over some very crispy toast to catch every bit of juice and glaze(also so I don't end up licking the plate).
For 3 people
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-pound)Bistro steak
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
New England Bistro Steak Directions
- Preheat your outdoor grill. In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Rub mixture over both sides of steak and set aside, covered, in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by combining apple jelly, brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, and whisking frequently, bring to scalding and continue cooking and whisking until sugar has completely melted and mixture is smooth; set aside.
- Spray both sides of steak with nonstick cooking spray. Grill 4-5 minutes per side for about medium doneness. While cooking, brush glaze on each side of steak frequently.
- Remove from grill, when ready, and slice on the bias to serve.
- Enough for about 3