Delicious Tennessee Peach Pudding
I think this "pudding" is out of this world. It reminds me of a chocolate pudding cake.....moist and decadent. To me, it is a mixture of the New England Cobbler and a Buckle. This classic is usually prepared using a sugar syrup that is poured over the top, but I find the natural sweetness of peaches and oranges is far superior, sorry Tennessee purists.
For 9 Serving(s)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups large dice, fresh peaches, about 4-5 peaches*
- Pourable Topping:
- 1 cup peach nectar or juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 each teaspoon nutmeg and ginger
Delicious Tennessee Peach Pudding Directions
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, blend next 4 ingredients together well. Beat in the milk until smooth. Stir in diced peaches until evenly mixed. Pour into prepared pan. ]
- In another bowl, blend topping ingredients well. Pour over the batter evenly and bake 35-40 minutes, or until the cake bounces back when touched. Remove from oven to cool slightly before serving.
- * Use frozen peaches if desired as well.