Chocolate Covered Cherry Bread
I don't think I have ever met anyone that didn't like cherries, especially chocolate covered cherries. And that is where this recipe comes in. By mincing the cherries, you are assured of cherry flavor in every bite. And with this thick, glossy chocolate glaze, this sweet bread will remind you of.....well, you get the picture. Start baking!
For 1 Batch(es)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 stick(1/2 cup)butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 (10-ounce)jars maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup juice from cherries
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup fat free evaporated milk *
Chocolate Covered Cherry Bread Directions
- Grease a bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. With a hand held or tabletop mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add milk, egg and vanilla. Continue beating until mixed well.
- Drain the cherries, reserving juice, and add to a food processor or blender along with 1/4 cup of the juice. Pulse until chopped fine. Empty into butter mixture and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour and baking powder. Add to batter, in 1/4-cup increments, and beat well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 42-44 minutes, or until just coming away from the sides of the pan and the middle begins to bounce back when touched. Try not to overbake.
- Remove from oven, wait a few minutes and transfer bread from the pan to a rack to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, add chocolate chips to a bowl with milk and microwave for 30 seconds, uncovered. Remove, stir until smooth and pour over the top of the cooled bread. Place in refrigerator for 30 mintues before slicing to serve.
- * If you want it thinner in order to drizzle, simply add 2 extra tablespoons milk before microwaving.