Chinese-Style Apple Fritter Slices
Such a simple recipe with an extraordinary flavor. A great way to start your childrens day before school because it actually takes less time to make these than pancakes!
Share This Recipe
For 3 Serving(s)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 medium apples
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 recipe Chinese Duck Sauce, recipe below
Chinese-Style Apple Fritter Slices Directions
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, apple juice concentrate and egg white until as smooth as possible; set aside.
- Peel each apple and slice into 1/2-inch thick slices horizontally. With a screw-on bottom cap, or you can use a paring knife, cut out each core center, discarding.
- Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, dip each apple slice into batter, shaking off excess and carefully place in hot oil. Continue until skillet is full.
- Cook for bout 3 minutes, or until browned on the underside. Flip each slice over and continue cooking an additional 2-3 minutes, or until both sides of each apple fritter is browned.
- Remove to serving plates and serve with warmed Chinese Duck Sauce, or your favorite pancake topping.
- To prepare Chinese Duck sauce, simply place 1/2 cup apricot all fruit or preserves, 1/2 cup apple juice, 1/2 cup apple sauce and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking or stirring often. When ready, remove from heat, stir in 3 tablespoons apple cider or white vinegar and serve while hot.