Thai Pork Noodle Salad with Coconut Dressing
What I love mostly about this pasta salad is that you can serve it hot or cold. Zesty, fresh tasting and so simple to prepare, every season would benefit from this addition to your table.....or balanced on you legs holding a bia.
For 3 people
- 3 (3-ounce)pkgs. uncooked ramen noodles, or 8 oz. vermicelli
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic in oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated, peeled fresh ginger, divided *
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 fresh cherry pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh mint
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts of your choice
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced papaya(enjoy the rest)
Thai Pork Noodle Salad with Coconut Dressing Directions
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse well; set aside in a large bowl. Rub both sides of each pork chop with half the garlic and half the ginger, sprinkling salt over both sides of each chop.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chops and cook about 4-5 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Remove to a work surface and cube to desired sizes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk, lime juice, brown sugar, remaining ginger and garlic. Whisk well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour over noodles along with cooked pork, pepper, mint and peanuts. Toss to combine, cover and refrigerate until cooled. Toss once again before serving. Top with additional crushed nuts and papaya.
- * Don't have fresh ginger on hand? Simply omit and add 1 teaspoon dried ginger with coconut milk.
- Enough for 3