Silken Orange Pumpkin Pie
We all love our sweetened condensed milk in pumpkin pie and the classic recipe is time honored and delicious. Add that to the thousands of pumpkin pie recipes available and the last thing you would need is yet another recipe. Let me indulge and offer a sensationally tasty pumpkin pie that slashes fat and calories. Now before you prejudge tofu, I profer that you will NOT taste it in this recipe. The presence of pumpkin is not diminished one bit and silken tofu works wonders keeping this dessert much healthier than the sweetened milk classic. I highly urge you to give this a try.
For 8 Serving(s)
- 1 (15-ounce)can pumpkin
- 8 ounces firm(not soft)silken tofu
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 (9-inch)prepared pie shell, unbaked
Silken Orange Pumpkin Pie Directions
- Place first 6 ingredients in a food processor and whirl, on high, until as smooth as possible. You may also use a blender, doing the same in 2 smaller batches.
- Pour into prepared pie shell and bake 40-45 minutes, or until set in the middle. Remove from oven to cool slightly before covering with film wrap. Chill in refrigerator at least 3 hours, or overnight, before slicing to serve.