Yuletide Pumpkin Cider
What a great hot beverage for the weather to come! If you do not wish for the alcohol, simply add a teaspoon rum extract for a truly Yankee hot cider.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/4 cup, or more, spiced rum
- Frozen, whipped topping, if desired
Yuletide Pumpkin Cider Directions
- Simply place pumpkin, cider and spices in a saucepan and heat until bubbling hot, whisking very well. Remove from heat, stir in rum and divide among 4 serving mugs. Top with a scoop of frozen, whipped topping and a sprinkle more of pumpkin pie spice to serve.
- * Or make your own pumpkin pie spice by blending 2 tablespoons cinnamon, 1 tablespoon nutmeg, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon allspice and 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves.