This jam is the perfect addition to a gooey American/mild Cheddar cheese sandwich or simply slathered on a homemade English muffin sandwich. This is truly for all bacon lovers.
Share This Recipe
For 1 Batch(es)
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped small
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and small diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup each maple syrup and apple juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Apple Jack, or bourbon, optional *
Bacon-Jacked Jam Directions
- Add bacon to a saucepan or large skillet and cook over medium heat until as crispy as desired. Carefully drain fat, keeping bacon in pan. Add next 5 ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until most liquid has been absorbed, leaving just enough to hold the jam together. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar and Apple Jack, if using.
- Use while warm or transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate utnil needed.
- * Even try an apple-flavored Bourbon, of which there are many brands widely available.