'Yanked' New England Sweet Potato Pie
Many of you won't be able taste the difference between Sweet Potato Pie and Pumpkin Pie. That's because the seasoning are almost identical. So to separate them as much as possible and give this recipe its' own identity, I have Yanked it, hoping some of you may try it this Holiday season.
For 4 people
- 1 9-inch unbaked single pie crust
- 2 cup(s) mashed, cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) dram rum (or 1 tsp rum extract)
- 2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch(es) ground cloves
- Hazelnut Streusel:
- 1/4 cup(s) hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine, melted
'Yanked' New England Sweet Potato Pie Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Combine sweet potato and next 8 ingredients. In a food processor; process until smooth.
- Spoon into the pie crust and evenly sprinkle with hazelnut Streusel and bake for 1 hour or until set; Cool before eating.
- Streusel: Combine all ingredients until the butter is well incorporated.