Christmas Waldorf Salad
This side dish is truly an American classic that has been enjoyed all around the world since its' invention in the early 1890s.
One of my favorite preparations on this salad is the substitution of cauliflower in lieu of the celery. This is called Emerald Salad and I urge you to enjoy it whenever the mood strikes you.
For 4 people
- 1 cup(s) thinly sliced celery
- 2/3 cup(s) broken walnuts or almonds
- juice from one lemon
- grated zest from one lemon
- 1/4 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2/3 cup(s) fresh cranberries, very roughly chopped
- 4 cup(s) chopped apples
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- leaf lettuce
- 1 cup(s) seedless grapes, halved
Christmas Waldorf Salad Directions
- It's as simple as mixing everything together except lettuce and grapes and serving on leaf lettuce with grapes scattered on top.