Breakfast Bread Pudding
I recently tried a deliciously savory bread pudding while in Boothbay Harbor, Maine and thought it would be great to enjoy this New England classic not only for dessert, but for breakfast. This was tasty and quick to put together, I hope you enjoy it as well. What is great about this recipe, is that you can completely prepare it the night before and simply pop it in the oven the next morning for breakfast. And don't be afraid to drizzle some maple syrup over the top before serving. The sweetness of the syrup goes hand and hand with the savory nature of this dish.
For 4 Serving(s)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, black pepper and garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups bread cubes, dried or fresh
- 1/2 -1 cup your favorite diced ham
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/2 small zucchini, unpeeled and shredded
- 1/2 small summer squash, unpeeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced, cooked carrots
Breakfast Bread Pudding Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease a 9-10-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk and spices; whisking well. Add remainder of ingredients, toss to moisten all bread cubes and transfer to prepared pan, evening out the top. Bake 55-60 minutes, or until slightly puffed and browned on top. Remove from oven to cool slightly before serving hot.
- Enough for 4 servings