Shrimp with Chili Cranberry Mignonette
Usually a simple 3 ingredient dip for raw oysters(i.e. shallots, vinegar and pepper), I added a touch of body to this classic French sauce and used it as you would barbecue sauce.
Share This Recipe
For 3 people
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 skewers
- 1 (7-ounce)can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
Shrimp with Chili Cranberry Mignonette Directions
- Thread shimp on skewers, going through both the tail section and head section. Place on baking pan lined with film wrap; set aside.
- Place chipotle peppers with sauce, cranberry sauce, shallot, vinegar and paprika in a food processor or blender and puree until as smooth as possible.
- Brush half the marinade over one side of each shrimp skewer. Flip each skewer over and baste with remaining marinade. Let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour. Meanwhile, fire up grill or use oven set at 400-degrees F.
- If cooking on your outdoor grill, make sure your grates are greased before transferring shrimp skewers onto them to cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until done throughout.
- If baking, remove film wrap from pan and bake until cooked completely, about 10-12 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.