Crunchy Watermelon Ambrosia
Sure, everyone thinks of ambrosia as an amalgamation of fruit, coconut and whipped cream, with sour cream mixed in at times, but it was about time to Yank this delicious summer salad into a version that can withstand the heat of summer. Using freshly chopped mint and cilantro and adding a little salty here and a touch of heat there, I think you will find this picnic side dish an amazing marriage of yeaterday and today.
For 3 people
- 3 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 1 cup chopped, ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup broken pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 ounces chopped proscuitto
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Crunchy Watermelon Ambrosia Directions
- Now the hard part.....mix everything together, cover and chill.
- NOTE: Try some fresh baby spinach leaves here as well.