Hot and Peachy Flank Tips
A refreshingly spicy peach sauce clings to every bite of flank steak in this beautifully seasoned recipe. Many recipes using any type of peach sauce in a savory recipe almost always uses peach preserves. Although I love any and all preserves, it would be too sweet here. Having just enough natural sweetness from the fresh peaches to mingle with the heat, this recipe is like eating potato chips.....you can't just take one bite.
For 3 people
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, trimmed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic in oil
- 1 (14-ounce)can coconut water
- 2 fresh peaches
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup pure cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Hot and Peachy Flank Tips Directions
- In a large skillet, sear flank steak cubes in oil over medium high heat until browned. Remove meat from pan and set aside. Add onions and garlic to the same pan and cook until onions are beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the beef back into the skillet, along with coconut water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until meat is tender, according the size of your beef cubes.
- Meanwhile, peel, pit and dice peaches. Add half the peaches to a bowl of a food processor, or blender, along with peppers in sauce, juice, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Puree until as smooth as possible; set aside.
- When beef is tender, remove lid, increase heat to medium high and add remainder of diced peaches. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until peaches are crisp tender. Add pureed peach mixture, stirring well, and cook about 5-8 minutes, longer, or until sauce has thickend and reduced slightly.
- Serve as is, with noodles, rice or with naan or pita bread as a scoop.
- Serves 2-3