Picnic Seafood Pasta Salad
Who doesn't invariably have leftover lasagna noodles in the cupboard? I do constantly! So rather than looking at them every single time I open the door, I cooked them up for this refreshing, cool and great tasting seafood salad. Nothing fancy, high-end, gourmet or even expensive. Just good ol' eatin'!
For 4 Serving(s)
- 4 -6 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespon lemon or lime juice
- 2 lasagna sheets, cooked, rinsed and cooled *
- 3 -4 ounces cooked crabmeat
- 1 cup frozen California mix vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
Picnic Seafood Pasta Salad Directions
- Cook shrimp in any manner desired. I simply boiled them for 2 mintues before cooling. Slice shrimp in half to form two identical halves, as seen in image; set aside. Cut cooked lasagna noodles into thin strips, either from end to end or side to side; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, honey and lemon juice. Toss in the pasta, shrimp, crabmeat, vegetables and cilantro, blending very well. Serve cold.
- Enough for 2-4 servings
- * Or use about a cup of cooked pasta of your choice.