Maine Red Devil Dogs
These little grilled beauties can be served at a high-end function or the family get together at the picnic table. If you want more heat, simply add it!
Share This Recipe
For 6 Serving(s)
- Red Devil Spiced Chicken:
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon each soy sauce and red hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Pepperjack cheese
- 4 red, or new, potatoes, baked and cooled
- Nonstick cooking spray
Maine Red Devil Dogs Directions
- Make Maine Red Devil Chicken by mixing chicken, barbecue sauce, soy and red hot sauce; set aside. Cut potatoes into 2 to 3-inch thick slices. Spray both sides of potato slices with nonstick cooking spray. Grill one side for about 1 minute, over direct heat, until nicely charred. Remove to cool slightly before scooping out a well on the charred side. Do not scoop all the way through, we are creating a bowl. Place each scooped out potato slice on a plate and fill each with equal amounts of Red Devil Spiced Chicken and top with both cheeses. Place back onto the grates of the grill, not directly over the flame, and close lid. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until cheese has melted and the underside is nicely charred. Remove and serve immediately.
- Makes about 6-9 individual servings.