Savory Panned Pork
This recipe reminds me of that popular bake-and-shake(Yup, a play on words for legal reasons)but without the overwhelming saltiness and a touch of Asian influence. So simple yet perfectly spiced. If you don't have any Chinese 5-spice powder in your pantry, substitute cinnamon.
For 4 Serving(s)
- 1/4 cup graham or wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried ginger and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each red pepper flakes and Chinese 5-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 4 (4 to 6-ounce)center cut pork chops
Savory Panned Pork Directions
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cornmeal and all spices; set aside. In a large skillet, add butter and oil over medium heat until butter has melted. Dip pork chops in spice blend, heavily coating each side, pressing flour mixture onto surface of pork. Add pork chops, cover and cook 3-5 minutes per side, or until browned and juices run clear.