Butterscotch Crisp Cheesecake
Normally I don't add butterscotch chips to any dessert with the prefix 'butterscotch', but this easy cheesecake recipe screamed for it. And when cheesecakes scream, I come running.....Yeah, been married too long.....
For 8 Serving(s)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce)packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
Butterscotch Crisp Cheesecake Directions
- Mix topping ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aide. In a small saucepan, add the butterscotch chips with mlk and bring to scalding over medium heat. Stir frequently until chips melt. Remove from heat, add brown sugar, stir well and set aside until it cools to room temperature. When ready, preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Add melted butterscotch mixture to a large bowl with cream cheese and butter. Beat until creamy and smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well incorporated. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle reserved topping mixture evenly over the top. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until set in the middle. Remove from oven to cool completely before serving.