Spicy Mango Glazed Tilapia
The only reason I write optional after the mint jelly is because I understand the effort to find this delicious jelly outside the Holiday season. Try adding a teaspoon freshly chopped mint instead for a brightly flavored dish that accentuates the 'wicked' delicate flavor of tilapia. Did I mention it is one of the simplest of fish recipes you can make that?
For 4 people
- 1 cup peach/mango preserves *
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mint jelly, optional
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce)boneless, skinless tilapia fillets
Spicy Mango Glazed Tilapia Directions
- Place all ingredients, except fish and spray, in a saucepan over medium heat until starting to boil. Remove from heat, whisk as smooth as possible(of course it will still be chunky because it is preserves, but this is just to make sure all ingredients are combined well.) Coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and place fish onto it, with the side that once had skin facing down. Divide the glaze equally on top of each fillet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to serve immediately.
- NOTE: This recipe is perfect using your outdoor grill as well.
- * Or use apricot, or other light-colored fruit preserves