Caramelized Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
By looking at the ingredient list, you would think this is another, ordinary banana bread recipe. But you couldn't be further from the truth. Amazing and perfect in texture, just sweet enough and ripe with amazing banana flavor.
For 8 Serving(s)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons curdled cream *
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, sliced into pats
- 3 firm bananas, sliced then diced small
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup choclate chips
Caramelized Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips Directions
- Make curdled cream. When ready, heat sugar and butter over medium-high heat until starting to change color to a medium brown, stirring once or twice. This will take about 3 minutes or longer according to your heat source. Increase heat to high and add bananas. Constantly stir and cook bananas for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend flour and baking soda. Add curdled cream and eggs, stirring until well incorporated, It doesn't need to be lump-free. Blend in the chcolate chips and caramelized bananas, getting all the liquid from saucepan as well. Pour into preared pan and bake 42-44 minutes, or until the top cracks and it bounces back when touched. Remove from oven to cool slightly before loosening edges. Invert onto a large platter or plate to slice and serve.
- * Make this yourself by adding 1 tablespoon lemon juice to light, half-and-half or heavy cream to equal amount listed above. You can also use whole fat milk. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, or until the curds have separated and floated to the top.