Real Vanilla 'Creme'
I use full fat ricotta because it just wasn't the same using any lower fat variety. And as you may notice, I use a vanilla bean. I do realize they are super expensive, but the flavor you get from just one bean will make you a convert as well. This Creme is great simply spooning it into your mouth or as a dip from an apple, peach, fresh berries to your fingertips.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 (15-ounce)tub ricotta cheese
- 1 3/4 cup(s) plain, or flavored, yogurt
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped *
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- Fresh fruit of your choice, if desired
Real Vanilla 'Creme' Directions
- Place the ingredients in your food processor bowl. Process until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving. Serve in small, ?-cup dessert bowls or ramekins.
- * Slice vanilla bean in half lengthwise. With the blade of a knife, scrape the seeds from the pod into the cheese mixture. You can also use 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.