Gingerbread Pumpkin Surprise Muffins
The scent of gingerbread, the powerfully delightful taste of pumpkin and to finish it all off, a creamy caramel glaze. Any questions?
Share This Recipe
For 6 Serving(s)
- Surprise Filling:
- 1/4 cup(s) canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 egg white, beaten well
- Muffin Batter:
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 6 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) each cinnamon and ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- Caramel Cream:
- 10 (9g each)caramel candies
- 3 tablespoon(s) milk
Gingerbread Pumpkin Surprise Muffins Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease a 6 cup mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and egg white until as creamy as possible; set aside. In a large bowl, blend flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Add egg, butter and milk, stirring well.
- Fill each cup halfway full of batter. Dollop a very rounded teaspoonful of pumpkin mixture into the center of each, adding more if needed to use all pumpkin mixture. Divide remaining batter over the top of pumpkin mixture. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until it bounces back in the center. Remove from oven to completely cool or just until cooled to room temperature.
- For the Caramel Cream, melt caramel candies with milk in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until creamy and smooth. Spread each Surprise Muffin with equal amounts of topping and serve.