Baked Yam Fritter Dippers with Sweet Chili Sauce
Seasoned Yam Fritters baked until hot and crispy and dipped in a spicy sauce is a great beginning to a great meal. These morsels heat up perfectly as leftovers as well. Using cornbread is also a perfect filler but if that is not an option, use unseasoned fresh bread crumbs.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 (29-ounce) can yams, drained
- 1 3/4 cup(s) crumbled, prepared cornbread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup(s) minced onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) each salt and black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) chili sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) grape jelly
Baked Yam Fritter Dippers with Sweet Chili Sauce Directions
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F. Spray a large baking pan, or two, with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, add all ingredients except chili sauce and grape jelly; mix well..Scoop yam fritters by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking pan, leaving just a small space in between mounds. Bake 15 minutes, or until the fritters are crusty. They will not brown Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add the chili sauce and grape jelly. Whisk well and heat, over low, until hot. Remove and serve with hot Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping.
- Makes about 40 mini fritter dippers