New England Broccoli-Mushroom Skillet
A quick, tasty treat to satisfy that hunger without feeling any guilt. I am amazed at how diverse certain New England ingredients are when used in recipes not generally associated with certain food items. The soy sauce offsets the sweetness of the maple syrup while enjoying the flavor of Yankee-land. I think you will be pleasantly surprised as well.
Makes about 5 servings
For 5 people
- 1/4 cup(s) frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Pinch caynenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb(s) button mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cup(s) cooked broccoli florets *
- 2 ounce(s) thinly sliced proscuitto
New England Broccoli-Mushroom Skillet Directions
- Combine the first 6 ingredients, mixing very well; set aside. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until fork tender, about 3 minutes. Add broccoli and proscuitto and continue cooking until heated through.
- Carefully remove broccoli mixtue to a bowl with a slotted spoon. While skillet is still on the heat, add the maple mixture and bring to a boil. Immediately add the broccoli and proscuitto back into the pan, toss to coat and remove. Serve immediately with croutons dotting the top if you would like.
- * Cauliflower is a perfect substitutiion here as well.