This is so easy to make, I have no idea why anyone would buy the bland type found in supermarkets.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 4 cup(s) finely chopped fresh pineapple*
- 1 (1.75-ounce) box fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) butter or margarine
- 2 cup(s) sugar
Pineapple Preserves Directions
- Put pineapple into a large saucepan or pot and stir in the pectin. Add butter(this reduces foaming when cooking which occurs with certain fruits such as pineapple) and bring to a boil over high heat, constantly stirring when starting to boil. Stir in the sugar and continue boiling for 1 additional minute, constantly stirring. Remove from heat, skim off any noticeable foam and let cool 30 minutes. Ladle in prepared containers, cover and let cool in refrigerator.
- *You can also use the same amount of crushed pineapple, drained well