Sweet and Heat Mixed Grill Breakfast
Talk about a breakfast that is both hearty and well-rounded. With snow piling up outside, the wind whipping across the driveway, this is a great start before heading out to do even more shoveling.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1 lb(s) large sweet potato, about 1 pound
- 1/4 lb(s) hot Italian sausage, partially frozen
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) celery seed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- Cornbread squares, optional
Sweet and Heat Mixed Grill Breakfast Directions
- Peel and cube sweet potato. Boil until crisp tender over high heat, about 4-5 minutes depending on the size of your cubes. Immediately drain and cool in refrigerator, uncovered.
- Slice the sausage into 1/4-inch thick slices; set aside. In a large skillet(I use a cast-iron frying pan for best results)add the butter and garlic. Over medium heat, cook garlic until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the sausage slices and continue cooking, and frequently stirring, until no longer pink in the middle, about 3-4 minutes. Add the diced, cooked potato, onion powder, celery seed, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until potatoes have started to brown and everything is heated through, another 5-7 minutes, adding more butter if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs to your desired preparation.
- To serve, ladle sausage mixture onto 3 serving plates and top each with a cooked egg. Served with a cornbread square and you have breakfast to hold you over for the morning.