Warm and Cheesy Stuffed Eggs
The number two most requested recipe I receive is about stuffed eggs with the number one request(believe it or not) being Baked Beans. Many of the emails I get are people who are trying to replicate meals they had as a child or something their parents or grandparents made many years ago. Now the recipe I am about to give you is a little off the beaten path for many of you but I have taken a generational classic and made it into something I think you will enjoy and pass it down to your children. It combines that great taste you had growing up and boosted the flavor and manner of serving into something everyone will be asking you about. Enjoy the easy treat during the Easter Holiday as well as year round.
For 4 people
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 3 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 tablespoon(s) grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoon(s) yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped chives, fresh or dried
- 1/3 cup(s) dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon(s) butter or margarine, melted
Warm and Cheesy Stuffed Eggs Directions
- Place water in large saucepan and whisk in 3 tablespoons salt; whisk well. Bring to a boil over high heat and gently add the eggs. Reduce heat to medium and boil eggs 6 minutes. Take pot to sink and let cold water run into the pan of eggs until eggs are cold. Remove eggs and peel. With sharp knife, cut down lengthwise each egg in half. Take a thin sliver of egg white off opposite side of middle cut so that each egg half sits sturdy on a serving plate. With a teaspoon, remove cooked yolks into a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yolks, cheese, mustard, sour cream and chives. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper. You can spoon the filling into each egg, use a piping bag or add to a large resealable plastic baggie and snip off a corner to act as a piping bag.
- After placing all eggs cut side up, pipe the filling into each evenly.
- Preheat broiler and position rack to lowest level. While the broiler is preheating, mix the bread crumb topping. In a bowl, mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Evenly sprinkle over the tops of each egg. Broil at least 3 inches from heat source 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Remove and top with crisp prosciutto to serve.
- To cook prosciutto: In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons butter until melted and sizzling. Add the prosciutto slices and cook until crisp on each side. Remove to paper towel lined plate to drain and cool;. Insert a piece of prosciutto into each broiled, stuffed egg.