French Toast Cake
This cake can be enjoyed on its own or let it cool completely, slice it up, dip it in French toast batter and grill. A crispy top followed by a tart, lemon finish. And served with some sweet whipped butter with strawberry goodness. How can you go wrong?
For 1 Batch(es)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) lemon flavored yogurt
- Fresh Strawberry Butter:
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/2 pint(s) chopped fresh strawberries
French Toast Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar on high speed until light and creamy. Add the eggs, 1/2 cup maple syrup and yogurt, beating for 30 seconds.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Reduce speed to low and beat in the dry to the wet, until well incorporated. Transfer to prepared pan, drizzle remainder of maple syrup over the top as even as possible. Sprinkle remainder of brown sugar on top of that and bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and has pulled away from the sides. Remove from oven, let cool to your preference before slicing and serving with Strawberry Butter, directions below.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add strawberries and beat, on high, until well combined and "airy".