Apple Fritter Coffee Cake
Ever wanted that great taste of apple fritters that you can simply mix, pour and bake? Here you have all that and more! Reminding me of banana bread, this perfect Sunday morning sweet bread can only be topped with that hot cup of coffee. It's Just That Simple!™
For 1 Batch(es)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(1 stick)butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
Apple Fritter Coffee Cake Directions
- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add milk, eggs and lemon juice, continuiing to beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, bakng powder and cinnamon. Add dry to wet.
- Peel, core and dice apple. Add to flour and butter mixture with the raisins and continue beating, on low speed, until everything is thoroughly mixed. It does mnot have to be smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 45-50 minutes, or until cracked on top and it bounces back in the middle when lightly pressed.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly, loosen the edges and invert onto a platter to completely cool. If desired, slice up while warm to serve.