Double Chocolate Streusel Banana Bread
A gooey chocolate layer swirled inside this tasty banana bread and topped with crisp, chocolatey streusel. My goodness, what more could you ask for? Oh yeah, a cold glass or two of milk.
Share This Recipe
For 1 Batch(es)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 peeled, over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Chocolate Streusel:
- 1/2 cup each flour and granulated sugar
- 1/4 Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Double Chocolate Streusel Banana Bread Directions
- Coat a laof pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Beat butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until as smooth as possible. Add bananans, eggs, milk and vanilla. Continue beating until everything is well incorporated; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking soda until blended well. Add the dry with the wet and continue mixing on low speed until mixed well. It doesn't have to be lump-free.
- Melt chcolate chips and oil in microwave for 30 seconds, removing to stir, or until completely melted. Scoop out 3 tablespoons batter into chocolate mixture and stir until smooth; set aside.
- Make Chocolate Streusel: In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and butter. Mix with a fork until all dry ingredients are moistened evenly; set aside.
- Pour half the banana mixture into prepared pan. Top with melted chocolate chips and sprinkle half the streusel over the top.
- Pour in remaining bread batter, smoothing out the top. Evenly sprinkle remaining streusel crumbs over the top and bake 50-52 minutes, or until it bounces back when touched on top. Remove from oven to cool completely in pan.