Fresh Fruit Spring Rolls
What a great way for children and adults to enjoy fresh fruit. By all means use peaches or any other firm fruit in these deliciously crunchy spring rolls. Heat up even more all fruit for dipping if desired, such as blueberry all fruit. By the way, all fruit is simply that, nothing but fruit that has been pureed with its own, natural pectins holding it together. No added sugar at all!
For 10 Serving(s)
- 1 cup crushed nuts of your choice
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 2 firm, tart apples
- 1 small papaya
- 3 firm pears
- 4 -5 large, fresh strawberries
- 2 (10-ounce)jars apricot all fruit
- 10 egg roll wrappers
Fresh Fruit Spring Rolls Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. In a small, shallow bowl, combine nuts and graham crackers; set aside. Peel,(and pit the papaya)core and cut apples, papaya and pears matchstick style, combining together in a bowl; set aside. Do the same with the strawberries, setting aside in a separate bowl. In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt all fruit, whisking well. Immediatley remove from heat, ladle out half of it into a wire-mesh strainer over a bowl. Reserve the strained all fruit for later, transferring the strained pulp back into the skillet with the other half of the all fruit. Add all prepared fruit to the skillet and cook 4-6 mintues, or until just starting to soften, stirring very well. Remove from heat, stir in strawberries and let cool enough to work with.
- Using 1 egg roll wrapper at a time, place one in front of you with a corner nearest you. Spoon a tablespoon or two of the fruit filling in a mini log shape in the center. Start rolling, tucking in the corners to your left and right as you roll. When you get to the end, wet your fingertips with water and run it along the edge. Finish rolling and place on a dry cookie sheet while repeating with remainder of wrappers and fruit. When done, bake 20-30 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove from oven to cool to room temperature.
- With a brush or your fingers, moisten each fruit roll with strained all fruit and immediately roll in nut mixture. Repeat with remainder and serve warm or completely chill.