Strawberry-Yogurt Coffee Cake
True coffee cake in every sense of the word. The addition of both raisins and preserves gives you that slight tang while the Chocolate Mocha Syrup moistens this classic Sunday bread so well, you will be slicing another piece, and then another......
For 1 Batch(es)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup(s) plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3/4 stick(6 tablespoons) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) strawberry preserves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) strawberry yogurt-covered raisins
- Rolled oats for the top
- 8 ounce(s) chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup(s) strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
Strawberry-Yogurt Coffee Cake Directions
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. In a large bowl, blend flour, 3/4 cup sugar and baking powder. Stir in melted butter, preserves, eggs and raisins until incorporated well but still slightly lumpy. Pour into prepared pan and dust with remaining sugar and a scattering of oats. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until it bounces back in the center when touched. Meanwhile, make Chocolate Mocha Syrup.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add chocolate chips and coffee. Stir and melt chocolate chips. When melted, remove from heat, add vanilla and serve with Coffee Cake.