Spicy Shrimp Tostadas with Roasted Carrot Smash
Yes, there is a Mexico in Maine but that is where the similarities end I am afraid, until now. There truly isn't anything more inviting than tasting sweet Maine shrimp that is caught off the Maine coastline.
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 8 ounce(s) Maine shrimp
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and minced
- 2 lb(s) carrots, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 6 (6-inch) tortillas, flour or corn
- sour cream, optional
- grated lime zest for garnish
Spicy Shrimp Tostadas with Roasted Carrot Smash Directions
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Place the carrots on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until tender. When there is about 7-8 minutes remaining, add the tortillas directly on a middle rack and cook until crisp, about 6-7 minutes. The tortillas should be crisp yet a little pliable. When carrots are done, place in a large bowl with the honey and lime juice. Mash well, cover with film wrap and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add oil over medium-high heat. Add the poblano pepper and cook 1 minute. Add the shrimp, chili powder, salt and pepper. Saute, stirring constantly, until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute.
- To assemble. Microwave the carrot mixture until hot. Place a crisp tortillas 6 serving plates and mound an equal amount of Carrot Smash on each. Top with equal amount of Spicy Shrimp and top each with sour cream and grated lime zest.