Salmon Lollipops, Two Ways*
Easy, Easy, Easy! These are great appetizers for a formal gathering as well as a fun one. Winter or summer, rain or shine. Do I make myself clear?
Share This Recipe
For 4 people
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 12 ounce(s) smoked salmon, cut into 1 x 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Salmon Lollipops, Two Ways* Directions
- Cut 3 x 3-inch sized squares of puff pastry. Season salmon with salt and pepper, a pinch of sliced green onion and a pinch of Parmesan cheese.
- Add a chunk of salmon in the middle of each square and bring up the 4 corners of the squares to form a lollipop, pinching it around the salmon tightly. Place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet with gathered sides facing up.Â Bake 15 minutes or until well browned.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly to handle. Take wooden or metal skewers and push the pointed end into the end that was facing up, pushing in only enough to hold.
Place the lollipops in a decorative container like a tall parfait glass.
- If you would like to have a special touch, pour 2-3 inches of sea or large, crystallized salt in the bottom of container.
- *For the second method of making these very simple lollipops, simply cut 2 4-5-inch thin strips of puff pastry and lay them cross-wise, on top of one another. Lay your chunk of salmon at the intersection and bring up the ends to the skewer and pinch. Bake as directed above.