Sweet Summertime Grilled Cheese
If this recipe from the onset doesn't get you to try it, then maybe the picture will. If that doesn't work, then look at it again and again!
The best cheese to enjoy with fruit is, of course, Brie. At every even imaginable, be it in a fine dining establishment, a formal gathering of friends and family or a simple relaxing day on your deck, Brie cheese and slices of your favorite fruit is a must.
Now if we were to take some salty and tart Gorgonzola or bleu cheese and add this to the mix, and ultimately combining these ingredients with America's favorite comfort sandwich, Grilled Cheese, you have a winner here folks. Trust me on this!
For 3 Serving(s)
- 6 slices 7-grain bread
- Nonstick cooking spray, butter-flavored if desired
- 4 ounce(s) Brie cheese, skin removed
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 3 tablespoon(s) blueberry curd or preserves
Sweet Summertime Grilled Cheese Directions
- Spray one side of each slice of bread and place 3 slices of this buttered bread on a grill or skillet. Break up the Brie Cheese evenly over each of the three slices. Do the same with the Gorgonzola.
- Over the remaining three buttered slices of bread, spread the blueberry curd onto the unbuttered side and sandwich together with cheese covered slices. Cook over medium heat about 3-4 minutes, or until the bread is nicely browned and the cheese has started to melt.
- Flip and repeat, it's just that simple!